View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
Steverino

Larry,

Thanks for the lead to your excellent project description thread. I couldn't find much when searching the archives since I didn't know to call 'em "stirrup". I be much educated now!

I'm not especially looking forward to the repair, and am a bit disappointed that a unit with a relatively high MSRP has these sorts of problems. (I discovered why my side A/C always leaked water during travel - factory didn't put any drain in the bottom of the unit, so water just sloshed around...).

I really like the TM concept - but I think with TM's, probably like most RV's, you are fighting a losing battle with time. They can't afford to build a unit with Toyota or Honda-like durability - or more accurately, we can't afford to buy it. Their development and materials costs are spread over a far smaller production volume, so economies of scale are never achieved.

Sorry for the rant - I guess I've just been spending too much time lately fixing various issues that are design or assembly related. I'll get over it. :^)

Thanks again, Larry. It sure helps to not have to reinvent the wheel here. Unfortunately I may have to wait 'till spring to do the work, as winter fast approacheth.

Steve