View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
M&M Hokie

The inverter is in. I am really happy with how the 4/0 cable install worked out. I might do some trimming on the battery box covers to make them fit a bit better around those big cables but those are small clean up details. Glad the hard part of the job is over.

I am not yet in final AC configuration right now because I will be installing a manual DPDT switch at some point. I also haven't mounted the remote power panel under the sink but the hard part is basically done. I don't have the time to finish things right now because I need to pack this rig up tonight so I can drive to Pt. Mugu right after work tomorrow. (We decided to go a day early so I lost some work time)

I went the easy way out and installed the inverter under the curb side settee. Right now I am just keeping the breaker off so that I energize the outlets from two different sources. In the interest of simplicity I am not going to run a parallel length of romex from curb side to port side. The inverter and the convenience outdoor outlets will not be independent of each other (unless I physically unplug the inverter). It should work great.

The only AC load it has had other than a circuit tester so far has been the shop vac but it handled that well.