View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
MudDog
TrailManor Master

I would think running off the inverter all of the time for A/C power would likely reduce the life of the batteries and the inverter.

My inverter is installed on the curb side, front wall and relies on manually turning off the breaker on the converter, connecting a twist lock cable into a receptacle tied to the outlets via the external outlet box in the stoarge compartment and turning the inverter on via remote switch.

I drilled a couple of large holes in the floor for the 1/0 battery cables and used some short lengths of plastic conduit as a sleeve and sprayed expanding foam to seal the gaps.

It appears if you drilled another hole at about the spot I did for the battery cables, you could use a 1/2 plastic electrical conduit for the romex to run across the bottom of the TM. There are frame cut-outs on both sides for the front torsion bars.

On my TM it appears there is plenty of room for a piece of conduit at the front of the torsion bar cut-outs. You could have a short piece of vertical conduit with an elbow to take you down thru the floor where the inverter is installed, then a longer piece to go across and then another elbow and vertical piece to get you into the street side storage compartment and the romex would be protected from the elements all the way across.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote