View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 06:21 AM   #6
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
You could also pull out the shower box as bill described, and instead of cutting the tubing to cap it with a Sharkbite, you could just screw in some male nylon plugs. Also very easy to undo. That's what I did with mine when it leaked on a trip. Frankly, those plugs are good to have on hand anyway for any of the supply lines. If a faucet nipple breaks, you can't use the water at all in the TM without that leaking, so removing the line and screwing in the plug is a temporary fix so you can at least use the rest of the water lines.

Available at a hardware or plumbing supply store, Amazon, etc.

Dave
Dave,
Thanks for posting this info. In our motorhome, I have cut-off valves on all water lines that feed various faucets, ice-maker, water heater, ,etc. So I have (for whatever absent minded reason...) never even considered a potential fixture failure in the TM. Being able to plug the supply line until better times prevail is a great idea. Thanks!

I have ordered these. Seemed to be the best option as they come with two seals, can be installed semi-tool-less (only using one tool on the swivel supply nut). Thanks again for the great suggestion.

https://amzn.to/3h1tEq2

Peanutmydog...glad you found and repaired your broken fitting!