Thread: Door Jam Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 09:50 AM   #4
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Stephene,
It sounds as though you may need to adjust the front shell height.

I know, from your previous posts, that you purchased from a new dealer- as such, I'm sure they are probably not well versed in the process to adjust/level the shells.

There are posts on this forum and the TrailManor's fan FaceBook group about the process to level shells, so I won't try to go through detailing that, but will say that there's no reason to begin efforts to change the door or the striker plate without first ensuring that the shells are properly adjusted....and I'm 95% sure its just the shell adjustment which will resolve your door closing problems.

I believe that having the awning and the door grab handle mounted on the door side aggravates settling of the front shell in the area that is critical to door clearance and checking/ doing shell adjustments is just another TrailManor maintenance item that needs to be done every year or two depending on camper usage.

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is online now   Reply With Quote