View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 10:51 AM   #16
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb Things may have changed since 2006...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralcruze View Post
Then after that lip under the TM I am unsure where that LP line goes. I am guessing that it splits to thr refrigerator and cooktop sides of the TM. Wether they are copper or rubber under the TM I do not know. Was hoping someone knows. If memory serves me I did see a tee fitting under there but don't recall of its the LP lines or something else. I plan on getting under there this weekend but wanted to see if anyone recommends a source for these lines I am having such trouble finding.
In my 2006 2019 (dual propane tanks up front) the LP line from the tanks goes into a somewhat unusual 4-way "cross" adapter - a cross with one end greatly extended. The extended connector end clamps is clamped through a round hole within the steel crosspiece "lip", with no junction occurring within the pipe the crosspiece. The flex supply pipe from the tank selector switch joins the "extended connector" forward from that clamp, using a normal compression (presumably with a copper washer sealing the connection).

The 3 "output" lines are copper pipe (type K, soft and bendable). Two are street-side, one bending around the spare tire rack and going up into the street side TM propane heater (which is forward of the door, in my model 2619). The other tube goes to the stove/stovetop.

I don't know whether TM was required to make separate connections for the stovetop versus oven, via a TM-installed "T", behind the stovetop. I've had no reason to go back there.
- - -
However: Street-side, which is supplied by only one pipe from the 4-way cross connector at the front center of the Trailer, TM uses a "T" adapter to reach two appliances (the 3-way fridge and the water heater).

It's located underneath the floor (inside the frame) near the front of the fridge, with the "middle leg" output rising to provide propane to the fridge. The "straight through" output of the "T" continues, underneath the floor, and enters the TM to supply the water heater.
- - -
In "upgrading" from the 3-way fridge into an electric-only model, the owner may either cap the fridge supply pipe up high (with the fridge compartment), or replace the "T" adapter with a straight-through 2-way connector. TM did provide enough extra length in the primary supply line (from the 4-way cross) to re-cut and re-flare the water-heater segments, so I did the cleaner looking adapter conversion (with no pipe entering the fridge compartment at all). But either way works.
- - -
In replacing the up-front OEM rubber hose, you only need to get to the 4-way cross, and make a good connection on that port. It will be more accessible from underneath, but you don't need to touch any of the "downstream" supply pipes (and the one T-adapter) at all.