View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #9
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Thanks Shrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I just replaced my LP alarm. I also wanted to detect CO, so I replaced it with a combination LP/CO alarm. It is made to specifically fit the cut-out of the detector that came with my TM, which was made by a different company (CCI Controls) now out of business.

So if you have an LP detector, model 7770 (which is marked on the back of the unit, visible in the bathroom cabinet) that looks like the attached pic, the unit linked to below is a direct replacement with added CO monitoring functionality. It takes 10 min tops to replace, and you need only a screw driver.

While the LP-only detector is easy to find, I could only find the LP/CO detector at 2 vendors (priced the same), one of which is below. They shipped the same day I ordered, were responsive to phone calls, and shipped a fresh product (according to the date stamp on the back).

They shipped a flier with my unit with a coupon code on it for free shipping for $99+ orders. The code is SEFS99. You'll have to order a $1 item to use it.

http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp2...79/249779.aspx

Dave
I just ordered one of these on Amazon, from RV Supplies for $72 and change...thanks Dave for the info on this model. I have a 2003 TM and I guess it's time, especially since my new hot water heater's propane connection is in the back of the unit, in the cabinet under the sink instead of
in the outside access panel! So a new detector is in order.
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote