View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
kenngeri2720

I was not happy with my Elkmont to the point I have traded it in on a different brand, and after 6 months and many camping trips both dry and full hookup not one problem. I must say that my 2720 had very few problems and the bifold by far is their best product.
Here is list of just a few problems I had with the Elkmont. The last one with the frame caused the most concern for me. I spent more time working on this thing than I did camping.

2009 Elkmont Defects

• Fresh water tank would not drain and vent hose not connected (cause plastic shaving plugging out drain)
1. Pulled tank and flushed out shavings
• Cover over furnace just setting there not screwed down , screws were there.
1. Screwed cover in place
• 10 gauge wires by furnace, wire nuts had fallen off
1. Reinstalled twist nuts
• Many or most wires above water heater had been smashed and insulation cut exposing wires. At least 12 wires.
1. Put tape over exposed wires (TEMP FIX)
• Water heater strap only fasten on one side
1. Installed lag bolt to wood frame
• Toilet water level gauge will not go below charge
1. Still not FIXED
• Refrigerator temp clip missing ( found broken in the drip pan below cooling fins)
1. Need new Clip
• Shower wan bracket falling off of shower wall screw holes stripped
1. Replaced with larger screws and glue.
• Outside TV cable box loose (screws stripped)
1. Still not FIXED
• Metal strip that the rear bumper cover sets on is cut to short.
1. Temp fix (Needs new piece)
•C02 / Propane detector keeps going off when using the HWH on gas, strong propane smell when you open inside access door to HWH (sealant around gas pipe not fully sealed small area on the bottom not sealed) Also goes off when using furnace and when not using anything at all.
• Water leak around rear window.
1. Reapplied sealant.
• Tongue “A” frame continues to bend upward getting worst with each use.
1. Took into dealer for repairs, they and TM knew about it but failed to notify customer of this dangers problem. Repair done by dealer by welding a cross member behind “A” frame.