View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbit View Post
it is up to TM to pick subsuppliers and products that will perform satisfactorily for the intended use, and to perform incoming inspections and to test the finished units to prevent shipping of defective components. The onus is on TM to deliver a functional finished product.
I don't think any company can scapegoat a supplier for very long before their brand suffers significantly. Imagine an automaker trying to blame poor QA on a supplier of a head gasket, for example, as the cause of widespread premature engine failures. Sure, it may be the supplier's fault, but from the customer's perspective, who caused the problem is irrelevant. If I already own the car, I am going to pursue my remedy through the car manufacturer. And if I don't already own one, I simply will avoid buying that car, and if it continues to happen, especially on other models, I will avoid the brand altogether.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote