View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbit View Post
The great majority of posts on this forum seem to involve frustration being vented over the owner's Elkmont experience, even to the point of extreme anger, finger-pointing and TM-bashing.

We've had our Elkmont for about 2 1/2 months now, and have been out on 5 camping excursions with it. We had a few minor fit/finish issues on the first trip, the most serious being a leak from the inside of the outside shower unit. These issues were quickly resolved by our dealer, and we have no further issues to report.

The one item that I do fear is the roof. Being in Southern CA, we won't see rain until October, probably. So there's still the possibility that there are problems there but I just don't know it yet.

Have we just been lucky? Should we be waiting for the other shoe to drop? Or are the other posts I have read more the exception than the rule?
We got our Elkmont 24 back after a full month and $ 5000.00 worth of repairs, and left on a trip thinking that all of this would finally be behind us. Well we don’t see too much rain here in southern Arizona, but it is Monsoon time, and we got caught in a good rain storm. Water was literally cascading down the wall in the bedroom area, from the emergency exit, so it will have to go back for more repairs.

Are we happy? I don’t think so. And as far as “bashing” TM is concerned, if you write a certified letter to the CEO of TM and never receive an answer, that has a tendency to rub me the wrong way. So yes, after more than 11 months of arguing with TM over problems, I am now looking at a different approach to resolving these discrepancies. It should not be too much to ask for an answer to a letter.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote