View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #10
Jim-NY

Default WalMarts worked out great!

We just got back from a great trip to Nova Scotia. We stopped for one night on the way up and one night on way back in WalMarts. It worked out very well for us. Both WalMarts had several other RV’s there and the management welcomed us. It was quick, convenient, and cheap.

On the way up we stopped in Fredericton, NB. There were several exits off the Trans-Canadian Highway for Fredericton and sure enough I chose the wrong one. We stopped in a shopping center to get directions. While the person I asked was giving me directions, another person came up to ask about the TM. When he found out what I was asking he offered to lead me most of the way there. He was going a different direction and told me where to turn left when he turned right. On the way while we were stopped at a light he walked back and said he needed to see us set it up and then led us all the way to WalMart. In the few minutes we took to level the TM and open it up he and his wife gabbed with us as if we were related. Before they left us it was both handshakes and hugs! I have always been impressed with the warm friendly helpfulness of Canadians, but this topped my expectations.

Jim