View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 02:22 PM   #6
Happytrails

Default Re: Questions from new TM owner

One thing about getting a unit that old, you may not have gotten an owner's manual with it as it was industry standard at that time to simply supply the manuals for the individual applience manufacturers. I have one that originally came with my 1986, and it's simply was little more than a folded up sheet or two of paper, with staples for the binder. "Nothing in it I didn't aready know". The newer manuals are very detailed, and good reference, and come in a binder with the pages about 1/2" thick. As far as lighting the furnace, if it's been sitting for a while, be SURE to follow the directions in the furnace manual to a "T". It was almost 9 months or more before I figured out why my furnace wouldn't light, simply because I thought ya just turned it on, turned the gas on, and let it do it's thing like a home furnace. I don't know about the newer models, but in the older ones there is something about a "purge" cycle and all that, which I wasn't aware of......I do have my original manual for my furnace if you'd like, email me and I'll scan the lighting instructions and send them to ya.........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails...........[/glow]