View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Questions from new TM owner

Quote:
Thanks Larry!

The leak hasn't developed into something more serious as yet but I wanted to get on it asap.

This unit I've bought is in great shape but there was no owners manual. Fortunately, I live about 25 miles from Lake City and I may try to go over to the TM factory.

I've yet to go camping. I've tried most of the appliances and still have the manuals to almost all of them. I do have a few additional questions though.

1. When the TM is powered by battery (DC) only is it normal that the outlets don't work?
2. How do I light the furnace?
3. Once the water heater gets to the preset temperature does the burner shut off (thermostat)-and do you leave the pilot light lit 24/7?
4. Does closing the TM in a slightly unlevel position make it difficult to latch?

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions after my first camping trip next week.

Answers:
#1 Yes, I assume that you mean the 110v outlets...they are not powered from the battery. The 12V socket for the TV hookup should work though.

#2 The furnace is self igniting but you have to make sure that the switch on the bottom of the thermostat is turned to the on position. Once you slide it on then the top thermostat slider works just like at home.

#3 Yes, the water heater will shut off automatically when the water gets hot. If yours has the DSI (dura spark ignition) where you just flip the switch inside, that's all there is to it. If you have to light the pilot, leave it on until you are ready to leave for home then turn the valve knob to the off position.

#4 Absolutely!! If the TM is off level it can make latching it a little tough! Be careful unlatching it if it isn't level as well, I had the latch spring up and out very quickly, and I thought it had broken my finger once.

You can order an owners manual from TM for $20 I believe, and it is well worth the money for reference if nothing else. But living so close, just go pick one up!!

Enjoy that new toy, and if you have any additional questions, we are just a few keystrokes away!!

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote