View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Digger

I had the same problem with mine at times until I was shown the best way to light it by a Norco service guy when I brought it in to replace a broken flame meter. Now it lights first time every time. 1st, try lighting the water heater on gas. On my TM there is a tee in the propane line at the tongue with one side going to the heater and stove and the other going to the water heater and refrig. If the water heater lights, you have gas to the refrig. The burner for the refrig. works just like the burners on the stove, the higher the number you turn the knob to, the bigger the flame. When you try to light the refrig., turn it up to the highest number, just like you do on the stove. Hold the gas button in for at least 10 seconds then use the spark button. It is very difficult to light on a low number. If it doesn’t light right away don’t let up on the gas button, continue to hold it in for a few more seconds and use the spark button again. If you are still having problems you can try lighting it manually by having some one inside the TM hold the gas button in while you use a long stem match or one of those long BBQ lighters to light it from the out side. There is a peep hole in the burner box on the back of the refrig. just swing it open, you may have to remove a screw, and use the lighter to light it. The person inside the TM will have to hold the button in for a few more seconds after it is lit until the heat sensor is hot enough to keep the gas line open. This should at least isolate the problem. There is the chance that your flame meter is not working , this happened on mine. The refrig was lighting and working fine, I just didn’t know it because the meter never moved. Once the service guy told me what to do , I had the DW out side telling me when it was lit. If it’s really quiet you can hear it light off from inside the TM. Good Luck.

Ed