View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Scott2190 wrote
Quote:
I have looked at new Trailmanors and they seem to meet most of my needs. What I don't know if how well they hold up over time. I have seen a few Trailmanors in the used lots at dealerships, and the entire lift system seems worn out.
Scott -

Regarding the lift system on a TM, there really isn't much that can wear out. I tend to think of the lift system as being kind of like the bumper on a car. It is made of heavy steel, and it just sits there. There is nothing to "wear out" on either of them. It really is almost that simple. That's why TM guarantees them for life.

As Nick mentioned, they can go out of adjustment, but they can be readjusted as long as they haven't been damaged in a crash or something. If you were looking at TMs on a used RV lot, this is probably what you saw. The dealer didn't know how to adjust them, and on top of that, didn't know how to open the unit. As Bob mentioned, you may be able to use that to your advantage.

As Virginia pointed out, there are no lift cables, pulleys, or channels, as there are on a pop-up. And there are also no hydraulic pumps, hoses, wiring, or hydraulic lift cylinders involved in the lifting.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote