View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRederick View Post
I would suggest you put off the urges to get "everything" you need until you are sure it will be used. No sense carrying around clutter that won't be used.
Hoo, boy, is Bob right on this one! First, don't buy anything until you see what your dealer gives you. Most dealers throw in a "beginner's kit" with a lot of goodies like sewer hose, water hose, bottle of champagne, and so forth. Just the necessities, you understand.

Then, using Mike & Kelly's checklist in the TM Technical Reference Library (aka TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else), try to figure out what you really need, but don't have.

Having tent-camped for years, and cabin-camped for years, my wife and I originally loaded up the TM with everything we could conceivably ever have any need for in any circumstance. It was a lot of fun, but when it was over, we couldn't get into the trailer ourselves! Better to camp first, and keep a little notebook titled "I wish I had ...". After two or three trips, and multi-page lists, you will find yourself down to one or two items per trip.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote