View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We bought a 1997 model almost exactly 3 years ago. We've had to fix the Winegard TV receptacle (the on/off switch stopped working, $20) and the rear bed slat slides and the corner molding along the bathroom wall ($30). I also broke the TV antenna crank gear so had to fix that ($10). The rear bed slats were time consuming and required many small steps over a one-week period, but we camped in it for almost 3 years with them the way they were. Also had to replace one of the water drain valves ($5). When we had a blowout we had to patch up a small hole behind the wheel well ($5).

We had to buy new 3 new tires ($200?) and did the wheel-well modification ($45?). We also changed out the battery to 2 6-V Trojans with a special battery box to fit ($175?). I can't remember exactly what all these things cost, but they weren't that much.

The other things we've done/bought were to customize the TM to our needs. We bought a cover, put shelves in the closet, made shelves for over the sink, changed the bathroom curtain, bought a blue tote, etc. I think we're pretty much done with it now!

There is a lot of information on "how-to" fix things here on the forum, and the factory is also very helpful.