Thread: Shower?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #15
Doug W.

Here are the pictures of my shower mods.

Shower1.jpg, I liked the velcro on the walls to hold it open as suggested by Hal. The shower dries faster if it is open llike this.

Shower2.jpg, I decided to just put the shower curtain on top of the faucet instead of cutting holes in it. When done showering, I pull it away from the wall and let it hang down to dry better. Also note that I made the front and back curtain different lengths before sewing them together. I also did not taper it at the corners as suggested by Hal.

Shower3.jpg, the wire rack I got at Ace hardware that will hold three or four bottles of shampoo or body wash. At the bottom is a wash cloth holder on each side and a soap holder in the middle.

Shower4.jpg, the shower head holder and shampoo dispenser I made based on Hal's suggestions. I could not find the parts he used locally, so I found some that would work at Ace hardware again.

Shower5, jpg, The shampoo dispenser had two parts. The actual dispenser and a mounting plate for it to screw onto the wall. I took the over the door towel/hanging clothes holder on the right and broke off the the long wire piece off. I epoxied mounting plate to the over the door hanger piece. I used a shower head holder that screws onto the wall if you add handheld shower heads. I knew to get it as we have one to hold the handheld shower head on a deverter valve that lets us use the handheld head to wash the dog or the normal shower head for our showers. I epoxied it to the shampoo dispenser after sanding the back of it to fit the curve of the shampoo dispenser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower1.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1191   Click image for larger version

Name:	shower2.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1192   Click image for larger version

Name:	shower3.jpg
Views:	983