Thread: TM vs Hi-Lo ??
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 05:41 AM   #1
robertsc

Default TM vs Hi-Lo ??

Hello Group.. Have been gathering info for the past month regarding future purchase. Thanks a "much" for all the valued insight and suggestions that you folks provide. I'm an active mid "60's" retiree ... Have tent camped and pop-ups.. Not truly into the "FT RV cycle" but like the towing/safety feature of TM as an alternative for this older guy... Hike, bike, skeet ,fish with an "occasional" round of golf are prime activities... Wife and I were out west last fall.. Drove 7M miles and would like to make more excursions with a possible trip to Alaska in the future. Dragging our living facilities will provide convenience for stop/go when you want too. Own 05' Tahoe so no problems with TV as along as I hold to a combined GVW of 13M#'s. Live in NW Jersey about 75 miles west NY... Have visited two dealers in the area .. Both seemed to have limited knowledge about TM ?? Would like to check out HI-LO but closest dealer 250 miles and apparently most don't carry inventory ??? Spoke with Hi-LO folks about this and not too much feedback other than many dealers don't stock ??? Not sure whether this is price point, market demand in the EAST or Hi-Lo quality issues ??. Anyway going to Maine in June(before the summer crowds) for 10 day coastal trip. Will likely stop off at MCD Hyannis, Mass. to talk with an experienced TM dealer. Unfortunately they are 350 miles from home so service/support is a concern should I go the route with them? Considering 3023 or 3124KB... Thanks again for the valued input. Great interactive group on this forum.
Bob C