View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #8
Magdefrau

Our TM is a 2004 model 3023. We bought it used. Almost got a 2005 model 2619. But, this used model was best size for our two kids and us. Used larger model priced the same as new smaller model. 3023 is the right size. Its big behind the van. I got a extension mirror to help. You got to think when you make a turn, when you stop and were you pull in to get gas.
I had already bolted on a Reese heavy duty hitch, part no. 37042. The nature of a Mini-Van will allow the tow unit to lower the hitch too closed to the street. The Air Lift pillows, Kit No.59560, corrects this. You got to have some type of helper for the leaf springs. The TM dealer may have not sold us the WDH but it came with the Used TM. This is how it works. The Air Lift keeps the hitch from dragging. The WDH keeps the frount tires in good contact with the road. The mini-anti sway bar keeps the TM and the Van in line. The dealer instaled a braking box unit, this times the TM's brakes with the Vans brakes. I realize now we need these four devises to tow a TM with our 03 Grand Caravans safly. I'm going to bolt on a Transmission After Market Cooling System before 95+ degree driving weather.