View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
Queeniereads

1) The inside of the top half slides up and down over the outside of the bottom half, right? So how do you keep the road dust, mud, etc. that can get on the outside of the bottom half from staining the curtains and walls of inside of the top half? Is that a worry at all, and if not what makes it work right? I've read that you can raise and lower them in the rain without anything getting wet, but we're not sure we understand the mechanics of it.

My answer: There is cushioning that keeps it fairly clean. The only place I have had trouble is on the 4 miles of dirt roads up my sister’s mountain. As for the curtains, you should wash your TM occasionally, but for average use, close all your curtains before putting down the unit and you will not find dirty curtains when you put it back up. There are a few accumulating streaks on the interior, but they are minor.

2) Do you think two adults and three cats could comfortably share the space of a 3326 King for, say, four months running? How do the layout and the amenities hold up over long-term use, if power and such are supplied through the park?

My answer:I assume there is one that is the equivalent to our 3124 KS which has the sofa at the end and a king size bed at the other. We find it just fine for the 2 of us for lengthy times. I think I would like the dinette which you have in the longer unit. We do not have pets so I cannot speak to that. I should have looked at floorplans before I answered this -- sorry.

3) I realize that maintenance on ANY type of TT is something you need to stay on top of. Is the TrailManor better, worse, or about average in this department? I'm not exactly mechanically inclined!

My answer: Watch for screws loosening up occasionally. That is the only maintenance we have done, except that hubby installed vent covers on all the top vents so everything would be airy even in the rain. He also put window louvers (plastic) over two windows so they coud stay open in the rain. We like the TM a lot and have not had much trouble with maintenance. Our drawers in the chest broke while traveling, but our tm dealer fixed them right away for us. And, do not forget to put the awning down in case a storm comes -- we did and had to buy a new one.

4) Appealing features of this particular layout are the two expanding tables by the sofa. Those would be ideal places for us to set up our laptops and get to work. How sturdy are the tables? Will they support a laptop, paperwork, and maybe a drink? And when both are opened out, is there any space between them? Clearing the surface and lowering the table every time we need to get a new file or a drink seems a bit annoying to me.

My answer: You can get out between them if you do not put the extra leaf in. Yes they are sturdy. We use laptops on them and eat on them and read the paper on them, etc. No inconvenience noted except I miss having a true dinette. BUt for a work space they are very handy.

5) Is there available floorspace to add a very small folding table or a 2-drawer filing cabinet? We need some place to organize and store whatever we're working on.

My answer: In our TM we put extras between the drawer set and the sofa. The only problem is moving them when you put down the unit because the slider with the sofa on it moves in. We even substituted a real recliner for the chair they put in there because I have a back problem. You have to buy a small, low model of recliner. We bought a plug in cooler and that is what sits between our dresser and sofa in the living room. BUt that would be the extra space for the filing cabinet or whatever.

The nearest dealer is a bit away, and we can't spare the time right now to drive a few hours to go look at one. We're hoping to have the decision pretty much made before we hit a dealer. Any advice here would be helpful!

My answer: No advice except we decided to buy it the first time we saw it. Loved it. We had had a bad accident with a full size travel trailer and wanted something we could pull safely with an SUV. We bought a hefty hitch and E-qualizer sway system and have had no problems. The TM is a well crafted invention.