View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
boze man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmburg View Post
Hi Boze Man,

We (wife and I) have an 05 2720SL. We had to have a lift kit installed to get in and out of the sloped driveway, and it clears the garage door by about an inch. I'm still running the 14 inch tire (Kumho, new in May of 2010). I had the work done at a trailer shop, as the weld had to be ground out to separate the frame from the axle.

Sassy's comment about the air mattress seems prudent to me, and as the kids age, they might consider a tent, depending on where you camp. I have yet to figure how to get out couch to make any kind of a bed.

Also, we were not happy with the wardrobe, so we took it out and use three stackable plastic drawers instead. Yes they are similar in size, though not quite as big, but the trailer seems much less claustrophobic for my wife. The clear drawers sure make it easy to find clothes, etc. Plus we can load them inside the house, which facilitates packing. They ride in the hallway nicely when we are on the road. We sleep across the trailer, and have to do the climb over routine to get to the head at night, but that's a minor inconvenience to us.

jmburg
2005, 2720 SL
2004 Dodge 4.7 V-8
Depressing Fuel Economy
I would def want the lift kit to gain clearance and run the 15's...I need to speak to the owner tho not sure if he knows. We do mostly statepark and forest service dry camping so the clearance is important.

My wife also complained bout the claustrophobic feeling and the darkness...I would do the same wardrobe removal as you have done to gain light/space.

The bad thing was when we looked at the unit it was in a dark warehouse on a rainy day so you could imagine how the wife felt....lol. She likes the open feel of the pop-up (also that tent feel) we used to have but is interested in a something hardsided esp with all those man-eating bears out here in the wild west....lol.

FYI we are also considering a used starcraft 13rt as well so ya know where we are coming from.