Thread: Confused to Tow
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #30
pwhite

This is well over a month after the last message on this thread, but I tow with a 2004 Nissan Quest. Now I'm a guest on this site--not a TM owner--so my experience is not with a TM but with a KZ Coyote 18 ft. trailor with dry weight of 2500 lbs. The hitch has weight distribution bars, etc. And I added a transmission cooler. I've driven the Quest (2 adults, 3 kids under 8) with trailer in tow all over Northern Ontario 2 summers ago, plus I've taken it from W. Lafayette, IN to the Florida panhandle and back over spring break 2 years ago (past couple of summers we've just camped in Indiana State Parks). The transmission cooler was improperly installed initially (not much space in engine compartment) by Aamco (local Nissan dealer refused to do it), and on returning from Florida my transmission acted strangely. Aamco fixed it free of charge and the problems have not returned since. We're planning a trip next summer, when I hoped to get a trade-in for a fuel efficient SUV. I'm envious of TM owners; I'm looking at getting one down the road.