Thread: Confused to Tow
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #22
BamaFlum

I have a similar question. We are contemplating a TT or a pup and came across the TM. It is an intriguing concept, albeit a bit on the expensive side. However, getting a more pleasant daily driver that can tow is much better than a tank for a TV.

Here is what we are considering for the TM. We love our Hondas and saw that the 4wd Pilot is rated at 4500lbs. With my family of 5 (three adults, tweenager, and two elementary school sons), we can safely tow around 4000lbs according to the manual. Would a 4wd Pilot handle the 2720? We are teachers and travel extensively in the summers. The TM would probably be going as far the Yellowstone and eventually we want to take the kids to Washington state. Anybody here tow a TM with a midsize SUV for great distances care to elaborate their experiences?

BTW, all cars, TT, pups, etc. (including TM) will have people that have had problems, so I understand there will be people who have problems. I know that Honda had problems with Odysseys in the early 2000's, but that didn't stop us from buying a 2003 one which has been a good "swagger wagon" for us.

Thanks!