View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #20
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkennel View Post
Jerry,

It's off topic but I'm a big fan of the Blackbird after reading the Skunkworks by Ben Rich. I had no idea just how great that plane really was until after reading the book. Brian Shul's book was good pilot's perspective too. Robert
Robert;

I certainly agree. I have been impressed with that aircraft ever since I first set my eyes on it in a hanger at "the ranch".
It is a marvelous machine and an experience of a lifetime....but......you know your old when everything you've worked on is now in a museum.

My current avitar is a shot of the Lockheed M/D-21 (Mother/Daughter-21). The program was short lived but involved an air launched, ramjet powered, photo reconnaissance drone launched off the back of an A-12 (forerunner to the SR-71).

You can read and see more details at:

<www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/d21~1.htm>

Near the end of the article is a short item that I wrote regarding the Ramjet Engine in the drone.

I suspect I am attracted to the TrailManor for similar reasons. It too is a marvelous machine albeit the quality control is somewhat disappointing.

Regards,

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote