View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
Bob&Karen

We have a 3124KS and love it overall. There are some things I would opt out of if I was having one built (we took the one the dealer had).

1. The microwave in place of the oven. It works fine, but the supporting frame and cabinet leave a lot to be desired. Ours has broken the supports from traveling over some rough spots in the interstate. My next project, when I get time, is to just take it out of the cabinet and carry it like I would an aftermarket microwave.

2. Unless they've made improvements in the television tuner, you're better off (and cheaper) to just get a flat screen television. No matter what settings on the built-in tuner I fiddle with, I can only get channels 2-13 hooked up to park cable. The tuner does the auto channel scan all the way up to channel 70, but will only tune up to channel 13.

We tow with an '04 Expedition with 5.4 liter V-8, so I don't know how a Grand Cherokee might do. In hilly/mountainous terrain, I tow with OD off so I can maintain plenty of torque. Our last trip across the Rockies west of Denver on I-70 I was able to maintain 55 mph without much trouble. Same thing crossing the San Rafael Swell in Utah on that same trip.

Good luck and happy camping,

Bob