View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

Mark - our friends have a 2006 3124 KB - probably a little lighter than a KS - and they originally had a JGC 6 - and could not tow safely with it. Granted it was an older model, but even with WDH it was problematic. I have a 2003 3124KB and tow with a Durango 4.7 V8 - and wish I had more torque. Depending on the year and the HP and torque, you might be ok, but you mght not. Does it have a towing package? For most Chrysler products, the towing package gets you heavy duty radiator, battery, tranny cooler, and bigger brakes.

Just as a guide - my 3124 KB had an advertised dry weight of 3090 lbs (or something close). I weighed it last month after taking it out of storage and it weighs 4240 lbs.

You have to add all the options (A/C, awning, etc) to the dry weight, plus battery(s) and propane. We would only add clothes and food to that weight to tow, so I'm probably towing 4300-4400 lbs.

Depending on how old (or new) your GC is may make a difference. Let us know some more specs and maybe we can give you a more specific answer.

(PS - I tow in the Rocky Mtns so I look at it a little differently than you might).