View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
fischnet52

Default Why a Trailmanor?

Dan, First, let me say "Thanks for Serving". Please be safe.

We just got our 2720SD last Oct. We have not had the chance yet to get out with it, but sure spent time in it last fall transferring our 'stuff' from the popup before we got all our snow! We spent several hours on many nights sitting and working through our 'routine' and did get a very good feel for how we will camp. Now that spring has come to N. Idaho, we are unwrapping it and getting ready for the 'trial' run!

We are selling the Jayco 1207 popup, which opens to 22ft w/queen and full beds, and really gave us 'room', even with 2-3 kids along. But we are like you and spend our time outside most of the time unless the weather goes sour. We had admired the Trailmanor for some 5 years, having seen one next door in Olympic NP. Like Alan, and for same reasons, we were looking for something hard sided and with a shower/toilet, but wanted the light weight towability I'd come to enjoy with the Jayco. Meaning decent milage, ease of towing in various terrains and getting into back woods camp sites, etc. This tows and feels very much like the Jayco and the room, with a dinette in the slide rather than the sofa, gives us room to easily work at the table with extra floor space. And now that the kids are gone, we feel like we have a lot more room. But I can't answer the dog question - we have no dogs to share space with!!

We did pick it up used (though it was only 3 months with prvious owner!) and there are several 'out there' worth looking at. Saves a bit of the out the door price!

Good luck! And again, come home safely!