View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #28
Larry_Loo

Question Trolling for something other than fish?

I did not notice this thread last Fall but its revival gave me another chance to read it. I found it intriguing not only because of the large number of things claimed to have gone wrong with a single TM trailer but also because of the unusually large requests for compensation.

The writer stated that he purhased the 3023 in Sept. '05, took 3 short fall trips with it and then stored it for the winter. Sometime in the spring or early summer during 2 additional trips with it the problems began. Some of the problems he mentioned seemed to me to be minor ones that many of us have experienced. He used the TM two more times in 2007 but mentions having taking a total of 11 trips in it - from Sept. '05 through Oct. '07, when he initiated this thread. Although it spent a lot of time in the dealers' shops, it is now a 3 year old model.

In the first posting he stated "We spent approximately $28,500 on our TM, and we will be paying on the loan for many years yet." His lemon lawsuit, however, gives Trailmanor three options for making good on his defective trailer: "We offered that we would keep the unit for trade in as long as they settled at $20,500, or we would turn it in for a settlement of $28,500, and lastly we would settle for a 2008, 3023 with the same option as what we had." In spite of the fact that he seems to have paid off only a small part of the initial loan on the trailer (". . . we will be paying on the loan for many years yet."), he wanted reimbursement of the full purchase price in one form or another. A more reasonable request might have been replacement of his defective trailer with another 2005 model certified to be in good condition plus all out-of-pocket expenses for repairs. He did use it on 11 camping trips for part of 2 years. He's frustrated by the length of repair shop time his TM has accumulated. Yet, one option he gives Trailmanor is to reimburse him with a brand new 2008 model. I wonder why a customer who has experienced so many breakdowns in one brand of a trailer would want to continue using another one of the same brand?