View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
azsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
FWIW, I weighed my TM 2720 once. It was full of water and everything I own for camping. My intent was to load it for my worst case scenario, a week camping with the kids (24 & 26). It weighed 3380 on the axle. I did not weigh the tongue. My guess is that was was just a little over 4,000 pounds.

My point is that the factory spec for the 2720 when fully loaded is 4075. I believe that you can load it that heavy but you almost have to try extra hard to max it out. I certainly did not need all the stuff I had.

If your TV can tow 5,000 pounds, and you believe the folks that claim the 80 percent rule, then you are right on the money.

Unless you can not park a 2720 where you intended to store it, then I would still strongly recommend you consider the 2720 over the 2619. With the swing away tongue saving 2 feet in length, my 2720 is actually a foot shorter than a standard 2619 when parked in the garage. I don't think the weight is substantially different. I think that if you can tow the 2619 you can tow the 2720.

Anything bigger than the 2720 and you might be too big for the Jeep.
Thanks for the input on the 2720 vs 2619. Only myself and my wife, both smaller people and our Chiuaua "Poncho". I did look at the floor plan layouts on the net and do like the 2720 SD and SL. Will check them both out. Hey, you live in my old home town, born in S.J. grew up there, lived most of my life. Worked for SJFD retired 2000. Thank's again and appreciate the advice.