View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
FritzCat66

Question Before Ordering 2720SL

OK, I have been absorbing all the information in the forum for a couple days now. I had already decided upon ordering a new 2008 TrailManor 2720SL to replace my wonderful but takes-too-long-to-setup '07 Starcraft Centennial 3608 pop-up (which replaced my worn-into-the-ground '99 Flagstaff pop-up). I'm a solo camper 90% of the time these days and thus want something faster to setup, but still like the low profile for towing.

The options I'm pretty positive I want: low-profile A/C and swing hitch (so it will fit in my 83"-high, 20.5' long garage), all the hanging cabinet options and 3-drawer cabinet for storage, stove cover, woodgrain vinyl floor, rear bike receiver, TV shelf, and electric tongue jack.

But before I do, I have just a few questions that I haven't already found sufficient information about by searching the forums:

1) So, should I order it without the factory battery box? I would like to run it off dual-6V batteries anyway (done that mod to two popups already). I've read several threads about the inadequacy of the factory battery and mount.

2) Any experiences using the tri-fuel Yamaha EF3000iSEB generator with this unit? I'm talking about the Yamaha-approved USCarb modification http://www.yamaha-propane-natural-ga...m/ef30iseb.htm

Sounds like many folks are opting for the smaller, lighter 2kW-class units, but given that I mostly camp here in Florida and thus ALWAYS need the A/C running in addition to whatever else, the 3kW unit is the way to go for me. Besides, I also plan use this to power some of my house (and a window-unit A/C) after the hurricanes.

Mostly I'm just wondering if anyone has experience using a propane-modded genset like this for boondocking. Especially for home use, I would rather keep a big cylinder of LP around than a bunch of gasoline that's going to get all gummy in storage anyway.

3) I'm a bit unclear if the lift kit option is still available? Or has it simply been incorporated as standard? Also, when custom-ordering from the factory, are there any larger wheels available?

4) I absolutely LOVE the dual sink on my Starcraft. I don't know how folks wash dishes in a unisink without getting as frustrated as I do. However, I found no mention of dual-sink mods for the TrailManors. Anyone?

5) While on the subject of mods, is there anyway to upgrade the 20# horizontal LP tanks on the 2720SL to 30# units? Judging from the few pics I've seen here, doesn't look like it.

6) What is the factory option for "microwave box w/drawer"? Is this the only way to get a microwave unit AND the propane oven (aside from a free-standing microwave)? I also heard mention of a microwave/convection combo, but see no factory mention of that. Actual preference would probably be for a toaster oven, but I also want something I can boondock with.

7) Is there a 40G upgrade to the 2720SL's freshwater capacity? Threads seem mixed.

8) Anything else all you experienced Trailmanor owners would recommend if you were ordering a new unit from the factory? Also, any recommended Florida dealers? Leisure Time in Orlando (Winter Garden) is my closest, but there are other options. SunCoast in Cocoa has been great to work with on the Starcraft, but alas they don't carry TrailManor.

Thanks in advance!

>*< Fritz Neumann