View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 12:33 PM   #10
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Good point, that had slipped my mind. Although most do, we seldom cross the border as there is nothing in the tourist oriented border towns that interests us. I still have a sickening mental picture of the dolled-up, young-girl prostitute that approached me the last time we were there. I looked around and what must have been her middle-aged owner and a local police officer were smiling at my obvious discomfort. Friends tell me I won't experience that these days but I don't intend to find out.

Many people cross the border by car or RV and continue into the interior without incident and tourist traffic to the border towns is down only slightly. We left the Valley before spring break so I don't know how the American college students reacted to the warning. The purchase of special insurance for vehicle travel beyond the border towns is mandatory. They will also jail you and keep you there for years if you try to sneak a gun in.

Bus tours originating in the U.S. and organized RV group tours are a good way to go. I've never heard of a problem with those.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote