View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 09:41 AM   #23
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Deb -

I really like that idea! Well done.

Just a quick reminder that I'm sure you already have in mind. When winterizing, you must be sure that the pump inlet can back-drain into the tank, and the new filter can drain in whatever direction is appropriate. No loops in the tubing that prevent it.

Bill
Hi Bill. I have a Camco by-pass valve installed for the winterizing the pump and plumbing with RV anti-freeze, so no problem for the pump and filter. And I always run the pump dry for several seconds before I start pulling "the pink stuff" into the system, so there shouldn't be enough water in that line from the tank to cause any problems.

But good point for anyone that doesn't have that set-up. The other option with this new pump location is that if you wanted, it would be simple enough to remove the pump for winter.

I am actually considering using those 3M Command adhesive strips to secure the pad to the top of the tank. It would be dead easy to remove if I had to... easier than alien tape. Unscrew the wire nut on the negative wire, pull the connector on the red power wire, disconnect the inlet and outlet lines and just take the whole thing out.

Edit... Sorry for the sideways picture... Don't know why it does that. But it's just the thumbnail I guess. Open the picture and it's correctly oriented.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5624.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	22007