View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I guess I am always cautious about glowing advertising statements by someone who wants to sell you something. They may not actually lie to you, but they will mislead to beat the band.

Things like "...best possible ride characteristics under any load condition" are meaningless. In a truck, the ride feels better with any heavy load in the back, simply because the inertia of the load smooths out small bumps. If "ride characteristics" means "your headlights won't point into the sky", then I guess that is right. But that is not what you are trying to do.

Similarly, the statement "... air helper springs are installed between the frame of the vehicle and the suspension, providing load support through the use of air pressure." is also meaningless. Of course it supports the load - but as has been said by several members, it does not reduce the load, and the total load (or overload) is still supported by the bearings/wheels/tires, all of which are heavily stressed and can fail due to overloading.

But I have a feeling I'm not being any more convincing than any of the other posts.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote