Thread: 17-days in Utah
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
I am looking forward to also reading about your adventure! I am jealous every time I see the photo of you Rubicon and TM. I also drive a Rubicon and know I cannot tow my 3124KS with it. But it is always cool to see your pic.
Ah a Jeep girl, very nice and nice Jeep too! It's hard to go wrong with a Rubicon for all things Jeeps do.

Another person I used to work with who also goes on these Jeep runs tows his Jeep with a big diesel pusher. I wouldn't mind doing that but going that route adds a lot of $$$ I just don't have.

So I did it the other way around, towing an RV with my Jeep. The 2005 Unlimted has a longer wheelbase which raised the TC to 3500. Overall I am very pleased with the Jeep and RV combination. My Jeep works hard, like a little locomotive in towing the 2619, works its butt off, but well within it capabilities. I have found Jeeps are very strong vehicles and my 2005 has really earned my respect over the years. I try to be smart with transmission use, braking and all and I am so thankful to have found the TM 2619 matches up so well with my Jeep.

I like your setup a lot, a nice powerful TV and nice big 3124KS. I don't imagine you have much trouble towing with your rig and you must have tons of room in your TM. Having the 4 x 4 must be nice once you get to where you camp. I considered all my options with the requirement that I had my Jeep with me when I got to where I was going. It really came down to two options. Spends lots of $$$ on an RV that will tow my Jeep or find a lightweight TT I could tow. After some research I found Trailmanor and the rest is history. My Jeep is not the best TV, but has worked out better than I expected, it's a real workhorse and handles great while towing, very stable, straight and true.

Bottom-line I truly enjoy my TM and all it makes possible. From reading through this forum it seems most people feel the same way about their TMs. I hope to be using mine for years to come.

Bob.