Thread: 17-days in Utah
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
I wouldn't be real concerned while camping, sounds like you are prepared, I would be more worried about towing on nasty roads. Hopefully you won't have to deal with bad roads. Have fun, I love camping in Utah (usually around Moab) so I'm jealous!
I agree, that's a big concern. I am basically driving short distances and staying multiple days in Cedar City, Moab and Zion each. I won't risk it, if things are bad I will sit and enjoy my TM, appreciating it's hard walls and creature comforts. If I miss the Jeep ride, that's fine.

If chains are needed I won't be towing. I have them but only to get out of trouble.

I completely agree about the Moab area, it's magic in so many ways. I usually go in October for the Jeep Jamboree, fall leaves and maybe a nice snowfall or a good rain to darken the rocks really bring the beauty out of the place. This trip will be in the dead of winter with some healthy weather systems forecast to pass through. I enjoy stormy weather so this is a plus to me BUT safety comes first. I don't like towing in the rain, let alone the snow or icy roads...we will see.

Also, nice photo of Delicate Arch (I think) in your Avatar!

I usually spend more time with a camera in my face in Utah, so I am sure I will be posting a few throughout this trip.

Mr Geek.