Thread: 17-days in Utah
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoBear View Post
I would strongly suggest a space heater. We have been fine in single digits but were happy to have the additional heat and quiet.

Malinda
Thanks Malinda!

I have two 1500w heaters. One with a fan and one oil filled radiator. I hope they help enough to reduce the use of my gas furnace. I am also bringing a good extension cord to run under the TM vinyl seal to the RV park power panel, keeping one heater off the TMs breakers.

This is a longer trip (time wise) compared to what I normally do and most likely in the worst conditions I have ever camped in. I figured while I am there I should spend some time to relax and enjoy the TM in such great locations like Zion. A little snow can really transform places in visually stunning ways.

The biggest problem by far would be a multi-day power outage. That is one reason I bit the bullet and invested in some solar panels. I realize stormy weather isn't ideal for solar power, but it could make a difference as long as there was some sun time or diffused overcast. I tend to overdue it on safety and having backups but feel it's well worth it when times arise that make them useful.

It should be an interesting adventure to say the least.

Thanks again