View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I have Firestone brand Sport Ride air adjustable air bags. They have been on the Tundra for several years. The 2003 Tundra is the last of the early generation of the mid-size truck. Lots bigger than the Tacoma but certainly not the redesigned Tundra in the last few years. 4.7 ltr V8 is very good for me. It's listed as a 1/2 ton truck but when you put several hundred pounds of stuff in the truck bed, it does weigh it down some. I wanted to add more carrying capacity and the air bags, from my info, suggest that it increases the load to 3/4 ton. keep in mind that the airbags must be inflated at all times. 15lbs minimum. I had let the pressure get too low, like tires, they do leak down, and one of the bags collasped when I hit a chuck hole. It can bottom out internally if the pressure is too low or no pressure at all. I recommend the bags. They are adjustable from side to side. there are kits available with a compressor that will automatically inflate from the cab. Much more expensive. Mine are manual operated with two valve stems located left and right of the license plate.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote