View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 05:01 PM   #11
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2468 View Post
Hey Travis,
I have Lithium Ion Phosphate batteries in my TM and have towed for two years without a DC-to-DC charger. My tow vehicle (TV) has a "smart" alternator and my TrailManor batteries are located at the rear storage of my 2922KB....so the Lithium batteries work out to be about 36-38 feet from my TV battery. (considering the routing through the tow vehicle, over the Bargman wiring, connecting through the TrailManor's power converter, the Lithium battery shunt, then finally to the Lithium battery bank).
Rich,
Thanks for the detail reply and info...appreciated. We have two tow vehicles, a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 Ecodiesel and a old 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins. The old Dodge is just strong (500 HP on high tune)...NOT smart but has a 200 amp alternator! LOL We are using it for the upcoming two month trip. Lots of storage space in that one and it still gives us 16.5 MPG towing the TM!

I can see where upgrading the supply with a DC/DC converter would make things better. I will be planning on that upgrade after this trip. I will just watch things closely and go from there.

I look forward to seeing your solar panel upgrade. Impressive!

Thanks again!

Travis