View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #13
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Hey Wayne (and others),
It looks like you have both a vent line (exiting through your lower shell walls) and also a toilet tank clean out line running under your tub and down through the floor.

Am I understanding correctly that you do have the sidewall vent? If so, can you share why you have both?

I installed the Sealand tank/toilet combo unit (which I had a floor drain spun-welded onto) and only attached a clean-out plumbed similarly to yours. (I plugged the vent hole of my Sealand tank.)

My thoughts are that the clean-out provides the venting function when not having the water flushing through it to the toilet tank (during cleaning) and when it is being used as a clean-out line I have the outside toilet tank gate valve open supplying plenty of air flow.

In a marine-use it's obvious why the vent is needed- but I don't see how it would be in our camping use with a clean-up.......

Am I seeing things wrong?

Rich and Lynn
2021 2922KB

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote