View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
clown9644

Kristi, I own a 2004 3023 and love it. It had a leak so I fixed it. If you buy the TM and join the club (see http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...faq_membership ) you will find tons of goof information on how to do it, believe it or not a credit card will end up being your favorite tool for this job, some mineral spirits and elbow grease. You really need to see the unit and use your nose. If you smell mold then it is an old leak and damage has been done, probably. Check the floor for sponginess as it can deteriorate as well from a leak. I would prefer no mold for starters.

When looking, I would suggest it has to have 15 inch tires and they should be less than 5 years old, there is a thread on how to do that too. This is my preference as a 15 inch tire has a heavier payload than the 14 inch. Many will not agree with that statement though. Make them operate everything and again smell for any leaks of gas. Does the fridge get cold in all three modes, if one doesn't, there are fixes for that as well.

You mention a long distance, how far away? Give us some good information including where you are, where the TM is, who the dealer is, etc. Also, how many do you expect to camp? A 3023 accommodates 6 sleepers, some of the other units are a little smaller but still very roomy. I was amazed at the space inside of a 2619 as well as the different floor plans (slide out or bed). Don't walk away from a deal because of the salesman, walk away only if it is not right for you.

Remember the salesman told you it was a piece of junk, well that sure sounds like a few thousand dollars off the asking price! Has he mentioned how much happier you would be in his model such and such?

By the way have you looked in the for sale area? Go to http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...splay.php?f=10, if you can as a trial member. There are some nice units on there as well as links to dealers that sell used units.

Above all else, share information and we can help you along your way.

Good Hunting!
Dave