View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill30 View Post
sure, there have been several people, on this forum, that have reported having wood rot. including me.....
The seals are held on by staples into the wood. If the caulk that is on the upper shell is not checked frequently and replaced, then water can / will run down into the seals and rot out the wood that is holding them in place. I owned mine for 2 years before I discovered it. It is not noticeable until it is too late, or you get to prying around and find it. I noticed one of the screws pulling out on mine, and tried to screw it back into nothing....starting prying around and ended up replacing the entire upper shell seal and wood. Not a fun project..

John
Your trailer is a 2001 and has an all wood frame. There have been several posts about all wood framed trailers having wood-rot in the lower frames.

You made a statement, "they are still using wood strips along the edges so that they have something to staple the seals to." This was news to me and I haven't seen any posts about it on the aluminum frame trailers. I guess that I should have made that more clear.