View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
mtnguy

Redwolf, I third the last 2 replies. I have been living here 56 years, and still have a lot to see. From the Appalachian Mountains in the west, across the Shenandoah Valley, over the Blue Ridge Mountains, across the Piedmont section to the Tidewater area, you get all kinds of things to see and do.

The National Forests of Western Virginia: Mostly dry camping with scattered campgrounds, and beside the back road camping if you prefer. Plenty of hiking trails.

The Shenandoah Valley. Natural Bridge, plenty of caverns (Luray, Endless, Grand, Shenandoah, Skyline), canoeing or tubing on the Shenandoah, Natural Bridge, etc.

Blue Ridge Mountains: The Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive run down the spine of the mountains. The Appalachian Trail runs the length of Virginia.

Also consider the Presidential Trail (http://www.woodrowwilson.org/visit/v...?doc_id=607855) and Revoluntionary and Civil War battlefields.

Since I live in Western Virginia, I will leave it up the Eastern Virginia members to fill you in more on that side of the commonwealth.