View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #8
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ16 View Post
Thanks, Bill. I mailed my check today. I do have one probably stupid question but I don't think I've seen this question in all of the plumbing info. I assume (since the tank on the recycle commode is so small) one should not even begin to put toilet paper in the commode? Is this safe to assume?
Though I've taken the thing apart, I wouldn't call myself an 'expert'. To answer your question, yes you can use toilet paper in the recirculating toilet. I know some people don't do this, but I always thought it too much hassle to do 'otherwise'.

RV stores sell special TP that's supposed to dissolve quicker than the type you use at home. Not sure if this is entirely true, in that other RVers say certain brands of the home variety are OK to use. We've never taken a chance though, and use the more expensive RV type.

Sorry to hear about your home in Galveston.We used to live in Houston many years ago, and went to Galveston/Bolivar frequently. The post hurricane pictures of the damage were unreal. Good luck with your rebuilding efforts
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote