View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #7
PopBeavers

You are going to be real close. I just went to the garage to measure mine. I have 82 inches for clearance. By looking in my mirrors, I think my clearance is about 3/4 to an inch as the a/c passes under the door jamb. My estimate would mean that you need an actual height of about 80 inches, not 79 3/4. However, my garage floor is pretty close to level, but there is about a 10 degree, maybe 15 degree slope up in the driveway which changes things a little.

On my 2720 the a/c is just slightly behind the axle. This means that by raising the tongue up that the rear of the a/c would go a little lower, but it likely would not change the height of the front of the a/c very much.

Like I said earlier, I have the stock 14 inch wheels, Marathon tires and the factory lift kit.

Since you will likely be dealing with essentially a flat floor you won't have an issue with the change of angle, so you situation is probably a little better than mine.

The possibility of gaining clearance be deflating the tires a little has come up several times since March 2005 when I became a member, but I do not recall anyone ever documenting he details.