View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 12:48 AM   #1

Default New owner (1990 M-26) questions

Thanks to the advice from several members of this group, and the overwhelming positive experience of other owners, I am now the proud owner of a 1990 M-26 (3023 in today's model naming scheme).  I drove almost 900 mi round-trip on Saturday to pick it up.  I thought I was bringing back an M-22 (2619) since the owner advertised it as 26 ft long, and I understood the 2619 to mean 26 ft open, 19 ft closed.  Now I see on the TrailManor web site that it means 26 ft "Equivalent Travel Trailer Size-Open".  What the heck is that supposed to mean?  Well, I bought it anyway, though the extra length means I must store it outside instead of in the garage.  Interior is in great condition, exterior looks like a 12-year old travel trailer:  normal paint fade and dents/scrartches.  Purchase price was $5050.  From what I can tell I got a great deal!

I have two immediate "problems" I would like to take care of, though:
  • No owner's manual or documentation of any kind.  Would I be able to get one from the factory?  If anyone else on the board has one, I would be happy to pay for photocopying or scanning and shipping costs.
  • When in the closed position, there is a gap between the seal on the rear of the front shell and the top of the rear shell.  This gap is nearly 1" at the ends.  Do I need to replace this seal?  Is this a major undertaking?  The trailer is currently sitting in an extreme nose-up angle to prevent rain water from running in through this gap, but I am worried leaves and debris blowing in and even rodents sneaking in.