View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 09:12 AM   #14
FlowerPower

I only WISH it was a one-way trip to WY! I'm looking to move out west somewhere and this trip is part of that research.

Re drive time, I figured as much. I need to drive 400 miles per day and with 11-12 hours of daylight, that should be doable with multiple stops. I drive all day for work in the city and highway driving is less stressful so that will help.

I have road service through my car insurance and I've used it a few times and consider it reliable. Had to chuckle re: changing tires, busy roads, etc. I've changed SO MANY tires in my life (I'm 61) because road service took too long or I couldn't get help. So, yep, I'd cuss alot and dodge passing vehicles but can do it if I have to. I need to get a set of safety triangles to set out on the road. Flashers only aren't safe enough in a dark highway situation.

Will get a hard copy of BBOC! Maybe it's my age, but there is something magical about using paper maps or an atlas for a roadtrip. I love technology, but it's just not as fun as poring over a route on an outstretched map.

Great info about reserving campsites, I wondered how people planned en route given all that can happen -- or wanting to stop somewhere unexpected. Walmart is a planned option, if in a pinch.

Bill, I'll never call you Debbie D. lol There's no such thing as being overprepared for a long trip, esp in today's world. Luck only goes so far!
2005 GMC Sierra
And a bunch of working dogs
FlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote