View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 02:24 PM   #29
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default the TM-unique issue of height with electric-powered A-frame jacks.

My old "Atwood MPD-80274" (long discontinued) needs replacement for a couple of reasons.

As discussed above, most "modern" A-frame jacks rated for 2000 lbs or more are being built with 2-1/4" outer tube diameter. The holes can be drilled out larger, with minor issues. (I intend to use a half-decent cobalt blade, with oil to assist the cutting process).

I looked at some '12v' electric models, but the HEIGHT of outer tube and motor (above the standard 3-hole mounting plate) was too much: The top of the motor standing up "too tall" to slide out the front bed, in those TM models which slide the front bed over the propane tanks and batteries.

My older 2619, with vertical propane tanks, may provide more room the front slide than some other models.

My broken Awtood manual jack has about 14" of total height above the mounting plate (the top of the A-frame), the motorized ones seem to need 19" or even more. Ther'es room for a slightly taller jack, but not another 5" of added heighjt above the A-frame rails.
- - -
After some research, I purchased this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PPTKCYJ/. It is rated for 5000 lbs rather than 2000, maybe implying some better construction. The version I bought includes a fixed foot (not a wheel), but the foot does not extend - I'll be using plastic lift block underneath the foot when I need total more extension height.