View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 10:36 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheesHead View Post
If I were to camp in places where it drops to 30's at night, would it be possible to keep the temps inside in the 70's with the builtin furnace?
Yes, with two caveats. First, the furnace blower is noisy. You may get tired of hearing it cycle on and off all night. Second, you really need to have a campsite where you can plug in to electric service. If you have the common Group 24 or Group 27 battery setup, and are planning on boondocking (no electric service), and you run the furnace all night, the TM battery will be dead before morning.

Quote:
Can it be achieved by adding a heater body
I'm not sure what you are referring to, but if you have a 1500-watt electric heater plugged in, you will be fine.

Quote:
or an oil space heater?
NO NO NO! You must never run a combustion heat source inside a closed RV. Combustion generates carbon monoxide gas, which is poisonous and will kill you! This goes for all forms of combustion, all fuels, and all heaters will warn you not to do this. That drama being covered, I will also point out that there is at least one propane catalytic heater that advertises it is safe to run indoors. I've never had the courage to try it, but many of our members say it works safely and well. Look for Big Buddy catalytic heater.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote