View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Power Converter Upgrade

PD4600 2 of 3 - or - Installation is NOT the Reverse of the Removal

I decided to upgrade the power converter in my 2004 3326. The included instructons (as modified) are reproduced below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intelli-Power PD4600 Series Converter Replacemant: Modified

Power: (page 1)
Disconnect all power sources prior to removal of the old converter. Power sources may include, but are not limited to:
• 120VAC shoreline power (unplug shoreline power cords)
• Onboard generator (disconnect per manufacturer’s instructions)
• 12VDC battery power (disconnect negative terminal(s) from battery(ies) ) I pulled the battery fuse.

Removal: (page 2)
1. Disconnect all power sources as outlined on page (1) of this manual. OK
2. Remove front panel by removing (4) screws at bottom of panel. OK
3. Remove AC power section cover by removing (2) screws. OK
4. Disconnect the neutral (white) converter feed wire from distribution block, and hot (black) wire from AC fridge/converter breaker. Pull wires through the hole at the bottom left of the AC power section. OK
5. Remove the (2) DC power distribution board mounting screws. OK
6. Pull the DC board outward and remove the blue wire from the top of the board, and red and white wires from the BACK side of the board. Pull wires through the hole at the bottom right of the DC power section. OK
7a. Remove red wire (2 black #10 solid core wires) from the FRONT of the old DC board, and reconnect to the terminal labeled “BATT POS+” on the new DC board. These black wires are so stiff that reconnection can not be done at this time.
7b. Remove the white wire (3 white #10 solid core wires) from the FRONT of the old DC board, and reconnect to the terminal labeled “BATT NEG-“ on the new DC board. These white wires are so stiff that reconnection can not be done at this time.
7c. Transfer branch circuit wiring in this same fashion. 7 of the 9 branch circuit wires are too big to go into the barrier strip on the new DC board. The grommet for these wires pulled out of the box. I marked each of the wires, pulled them out of the box, reinstalled the grommet and re-pulled the wires.
8. Remove the (4) screws securing the old converter assembly to power center, and remove converter assembly. OK

Tools used to this point:

Common screwdriver(s)
Phillips screwdriver
Square head driver (on AC breaker)
Nut driver(s)
Side cutters

Installation: (page 2)
cont. next post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer Branch circuits 2 of 2.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	350.0 KB
ID:	3616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer branch circuits 1 of 2.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	3617   Click image for larger version

Name:	6333 - DC board.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	3618   Click image for larger version

Name:	6333 - AC wires removed.JPG
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	3619   Click image for larger version

Name:	6333 Converter (before).JPG
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	3620  

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote